Monday, July 19, 2010

$ETH! - Acoustic Rage

So, for all y'all that are into folk punk, here's $ETH!'s first 7'', Acoustic Rage. It's from '93, so it doesn't sound like Against Me! or Defiance, Ohio! or whatever the fuck you're used to (I like them, too. I won't make fun). It's a little more primitive than that. Not as developed. A bit more honest in some ways. I'm posting this 7'' in hopes that someone knows how I can get a hold of his later albums. They have them on Interpunk, but I don't have a credit card, and I won't be at my address for much longer, so that isn't much of an option at the time. The records I speak of are called "The First Snack" and "A Rehearsal For The Great Uprising", the latter being a masterpiece, but both beautiful in their own ways. Any help would be greatly appreciated in finding these:


"The First Snack"

AND


"A Rehearsal For The Great Uprising"

Unfortunately, Seth passed away a few years back, so he wasn't able to continue his project. What could have developed had he lived to go on? His last record came out in 2001, around the same time Against Me!'s early EPs were released. At that time, he had a good 10 or more years under his belt. More than Tom Gabel does now, and he never compromised the integrity of his music. "A Rehearsal For The Great Uprising," in my honest opinion, was his epitaph, and I assure you I will post it as soon as I acquire said recording. And I will. These records meant a lot to me when I was around graduating age in high school, and though I never knew him in his life, I knew his music, and I know how it has influenced me, even to this day.

Acoustic Rage:

Download

This is Seth's other band, Garblecrat. I don't know much about them, but they're also very passionate. Somewhat poppy plugged in punk rock, but mostly sounds like $ETH!.

Garblecrat:

Download




On another note, I'm planning on starting another blog. One for DIY punk bands, demos, friends, ect. Look forward to that in the future.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7228

    http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7227

    http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7226

    ReplyDelete